The Knitter's Last Stand

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Lookie what I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first dyeing effort on my own.

It came up a treat and the colours are to die for.

They are soooooooooooooooo vibrant that they nearly blind you.

I only used food dyes to colour this luscious ball and a half of Patonyle yarn.






This pair of socks are from my first dyeing effort when the S'n'B girls came to visit for the dyeing night the week before last.

They look really "cool" as some of the young ones say.










This is my newly dyed yarn after it has been wound into balls.

I love the colours and I hope miss almost 4 will too.

I have already started knitting her a pair of socks in this yarn and they are looking quite good so far.

I think I have the dyeing bug so maybe there will be some more dyed yarn to be viewed on my blog at a later date.

Also on the needles is a jumper for miss almost 4 from yarn (purple of course) that the lovely Sharon bought to the last S'n'B get together.

I have almost finished her jumper so it won't be long and I will hopefully have a pickie of it to show everyone.

Time for beddy byes so until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

5 Comments:

  • That is soooooo pretty, I think you may have caught the dyeing bug.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 10:40 am  

  • That dyed wool looks fantastic! Even better in balls....wait...no knobs?

    By Blogger Suzi, at 1:28 pm  

  • Ooooh, I am going to have to dye some yarn. My hair worked so I will have to have a go!

    By Blogger amanda j, at 4:16 pm  

  • MMM I have been using the jelly version lately but need more time to dye some more again.

    By Blogger metal and knit, at 4:46 pm  

  • Wow they are fantastic. The first lot knitted up a treat - I love those socks. Your new (by yourself) dying effort is just as wonderful. I feel an addiction coming on!

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 8:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home