The Knitter's Last Stand

Monday, April 17, 2006

1 of 2

I have decided to break todays post into a few parts as Blogger is being a bit of a bugger and not wanting to accept my photos.


This is a pair of mens 5 ply pure wool socks.

The pattern is mens cable rib socks from the Vogue Socks 2 knitting book.

I am still deciding what to do with these socks. Should I sell them on the stall that my fellow S'n'Bers are running or sell them in the shop that Katt and I sell our knitting in.

These socks didn't even get to the market stall as when I went to handcraft on Tuesday morning a lady who was visiting from the North Island (Mainland Australia) bought them as a gift for a friend.

The S'n'B ladies didn't even get to see them that afternoon.


This pair of socks are from the Pomatomus pattern but I call them the Flippo as I knit 2 tog. through the front of the stitch instead of tbl as the pattern says. I have made them from Opal Prisma yarn.

Oh well!!!! Not everyone's perfect.

I am still deciding whether I want to keep these socks or sell them on the stall.


This pair of socks are knit from the book that I won in the Westbury World Wide Sock Festival.

The yarn was also part of my prize.

The pattern was stitched on after they were finished.

I am still to decide what to do with this pair of socks as well.

Catch ya with the next section of this post (if Blogger will let me).

Cathy

4 Comments:

  • Lovely socks, I especially like the 5ply mens cabled socks.

    We don't have many socks on our stall at the moment, so that may be worth considering, I suppose it depends where you think they have a better chance of selling.

    Looking forward to post #2.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 7:45 am  

  • What a lot of socks!!! You have been really busy, I haven't even looked in my Vogue Socks book - I must do that!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:24 am  

  • Too much begging already!!! Of course I will bring the Stitchionary with me!!!!!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 12:51 pm  

  • Wow you have been busy. Lovely socks all. I love the blue ones especially. Go for whatever will give you the best return!

    By Blogger amanda j, at 1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home