The Knitter's Last Stand

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

This project is a cot blanket that has been on and off the needles for about 9 years (you are reading correctly when you read NINE YEARS).

It was knit in 4 ply cotton with most of it knit on a set of 4 dpns.

This is the second one of these cot blankets that I've made and I would consider doing another one.

This is the Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah part of this blog entry.

A cup of coffee, my new sock tote made especially for me by the wonderful Cindy and my knitting.

The knitting you can see is the start of a baby jumper that I have now completed.

The yarn is some lovely, soft baby yarn that I got from Spotlight. It is soooooooooooo soft and is a dream to knit.

These socks are knit from Trekking XXL and the pattern is leaf lace.

At this stage I can't remember where I got the pattern from.

The yarn came from Sockmonster.

The socks are resting on one of the four pumpkins that we have so far harvested from the garden.

These two little sets are for a friends twins who were born verrrrrrrrrrrry early.

They were born at about 24 weeks gestation and were very small. (300grams and 700 grams)

The set on the left are from yarn inherited from my mum and the set on the right are from the same yarn bought from Spotlight that I mentioned above.

As you can guess I've been having a bad case of second sockitis.

The sock on the left is Tiptoe from Knitty and the other sock is Tangled Garden from Knitty as well.

The Tangled Garden sock now has a mate and is on it's way to the Westbury World-Wide Sock Competition.

I have been trying to blog for a few days but blogger or my computer (or both) haven't been very kind to me so a lot of my news is out of date but as we all say "better late than never".

I always write a list of completed articles in a little book so I can have a record of what I have completed and when so I can look back at a later date and see when a particular article was knit (or crochet) and find it very helpful.

The first entry in my little red and black book was completed on 20th November 1994 so my books been around quite a while.

So far this year I have 22 completed articles which consists of 9 pairs of socks.

Whew! It's been a busy year so far and with more babies on the way all the time and with knitting for the shop that Katt and I knit for it will stay busy.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

11 Comments:

  • Wow that is an awful lot of things that you have been busy with. That pumpking is HUGE and destined for pumpkin soup, scones or just good old baked pumpkin??

    By Blogger Sharon, at 10:38 am  

  • I love that blamket and all the teeny tiny things too!! Love the socks!! I have made a few things this year already too...I have finished 4 1/2 pairs of socks and a scarf!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 1:52 pm  

  • Wow you are an organised knitter as well as a busy one. I love the prem twins outfits!

    By Blogger Betty, at 9:26 pm  

  • busy as usual Cathy. I love the baby blanket and the socks look great too

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:25 pm  

  • Glad to see your blog is behaving better today. Finally I get to catch up. I love the knitting you have been doing, especially the baby blankie - just gorgeous. you have been so busy this year.

    P.s. I love the idea of the book to record knitting in - I so wish I had done that when I started.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 7:10 pm  

  • We saw the Tangled Garden socks today! Congratulations on the first prize for them!

    Suzi, Sandra and Margaret

    By Blogger Suzi, at 2:14 pm  

  • I was hoping for a Sock Comp Post to leave a congratulatory comment on!! Well done!! How cool is that???? See you tomorrow. Hope you have caught up on rest too!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 4:38 pm  

  • You far outdo me on the sock scale! Blogger was very very very bad for a while but recently has been ok again (touch wood, cross fingers and toes!). 300g baby? Eeek! That is a bit bigger than a small pat of butter!

    By Blogger yarnivorous, at 5:02 pm  

  • Hey, you WON! Congratulations on the tangled garden sock win!

    By Blogger yarnivorous, at 5:13 pm  

  • I came over here looking for a big blue ribbon post, we will have to do it for you ;) CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE, how could your sock not win, after all being in North Melbourne colours!!!

    See you this afternoon xx

    By Blogger Sharon, at 8:59 am  

  • Your baby's sets are soo cute.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home