The Knitter's Last Stand

Saturday, February 04, 2006

What do you think this is?


This is a pair of socks that I started quite a while ago. They are now finished and waiting to be sold in the shop that Katt and I sell in.

They are made from Miami sock yarn that I bought from Bendigo Woollen Mills . The yarn is a cotton, wool and nylon blend and it had too loose a tension for my liking.



What do you think this is? It now has a partner and they will be sold in the shop that Katt and I sell our knitting in.

Thanks for your guesses on this knitted object. A few of you got it right as it and it's mate are knee warmers.











This is some yarn that I found at one of the local salvage shops.

The large hank of yarn is absolutely beautiful 3 ply baby yarn. It is a really huge hank of yarn.

The other 2 hanks feel like cotton blend yarn but they will still knit up well.

All this yarn was in 1 bag and it cost me $8.00 in total. What a bargain.

I have been tagged by Dandy and Sharon to do the same meme but I haven't had the time to fill in my answers yet but I will in the not too distant future. (Honest).

Since finishing the blue mystery items I have also knit another sock in my other ball of Trekking yarn that I got from Sockmonster last year. I am very happy with the way the sock has turned out and am already to the heel shaping on the second sock.

In regards to the Knitting Olympics I am going to stick with Sharon, Cindy and a few others and be a spectator as I am uncertain with my sore wrist whether I could tackle a lot of knitting in a few days and also it can get quite hot at this time of year.

I also think that over 1500 participants is a very good number of entrants. Good on everyone for joining in and I will be on the sidelines barracking for you all.

I think that's all for now so until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

5 Comments:

  • It's a knee warmer thingy!!!, hang on - it's called a knee cap!! Very amusing name!! I saw this pattern in my woolcraft books. Lovely socks. Very nice yarn. Great bargain buy too!! Hope your wrist is feeling OK!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 8:22 am  

  • You are so lucky to find all that yarn, a bargain. Yes we will be cheering loudly from the sidelines, I am sure.

    I might just knit a couple of those knee warmers for winter this year, I have 'dicky knees' too many years of playing netball :(

    By Blogger Sharon, at 10:26 pm  

  • I'm pleased you found me Cathy. I too think it's a knee warmer. Or mayber a fist warmer. Or maybe when you are walking hand in hand with your lover it is to keep both hands warm.!

    By Blogger Betty, at 8:56 am  

  • I agree about the knitting olympics. I don't want another ufo on my hands. I can see what your knitting items are, but what is the ?vegetable behind the socks? Is it a marrow? Looks big and healthy. How do you get time to garden?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:55 am  

  • i'm thinking they are elbow warmers ...guess thats the same as knee warmers .(just different bodily parts)

    By Blogger melissa, at 5:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home