The Knitter's Last Stand

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Knitting and stuff

This is a pair of toe-up socks that I finished way back in November. They are knit from Trekking XXL that I got from Sockmonster along with some other sock yarn. They are sooooooooo soft and the yarn was excellent to knit up.




This pair of socks was finally finished last night. They are knit from Opal Chameleon and the pattern was from the Christmas edition of Creative Knitting. It's a lovely pattern and is sooooooooo easy to knit.





To the left is myself wearing my new wrap that I knit from wool bought from the Bendigo Woollen Mills. The colour is Maize and it's a lovely warm yellow. The pattern came from the Summer edition of Creative Knitting and was a breeze to knit. My DD even wants me to knit her one now. (I think she should make her own as she's quite a good knitter.)







To the left we have my Lorna's Laces socks. The colour is Bittersweet and the pattern is the same as the Chameleon socks above. I looooooooooove this yarn. It is beautiful to knit with and the colour is sooooooooooo pretty.





I have counted up the number of articles that I completed last year. It was a grand total of 85 (yes that number is EIGHTY FIVE). Included in this number is 30 (yes your read it right, that was THIRTY) pairs of socks.

I haven't done a break down of the other articles that I made last year but there were a few jumpers, baby singlets, baby booties and scarves in amongst the tally.

So far this year I have 5 ( yes FIVE) finished articles and in amongst that are 2 of the above pairs of socks. It will be interesting when we get to the end of this year and see how many finished articles that I end up with.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

4 Comments:

  • Ok we believe you!! You HAVE been knitting!!! Sooo many things!!! I was thiking about joining the Sockapaloooza 3, but in the end I decided since I wanted cardigans and jumpers and a cardigan for ACMA I had better give it a miss this time!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 12:44 pm  

  • You have been very busy, so many socks. I love the wrap and I am sure your DD could make one herself but hey, if you have a mum that is such a quick knitter......

    By Blogger Sharon, at 7:12 am  

  • Cathy, I don't believe you ever sleep. I love all your outfits. I made a similar blue leaf jacket for my grandson. We must have some of the same books

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:45 pm  

  • Hey, Cathy, nice to meet you at least!
    (OK, I am commenting on an entry from 25/1, but I've been busy!) You certainly have been knitting!

    By Blogger yarnivorous, at 9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home