The Knitter's Last Stand

Friday, March 24, 2006

Surprise, surprise.......................

Was I ever surprised when DH came back from the local Post Office with this lovely parcel of goodies from the Westbury World Wide Sock Competition Committee.

The book is Patonyle Accessories for the whole family and the yarn is 10 balls of lovely cream Patonyle 4 ply sock yarn.


This pair of socks was knit from the leftovers of sock yarn when I made my falling leaves socks.

The yarn is Opal Brasil and the pattern is from the Guardian Pharmacy pattern book from 2005.

They will fit about a six to 12 month old baby.

These delightful creatures are flat cats.

The one on the left was knit for the market stall that our local S'n'B are having but miss 3yrs 8mths decided she liked him so the one on the right has been made for her in her favourite colour.

Can you guess what her favourite colour is?

You guessed right, her favourite colour is purple closely followed by pink.

I found the pattern for these lovely things in the Panda Cleckheaton Celebration Days Volume 2 pattern book. This book has some wonderfully simple patterns in it for knitters with little experience up to very experiences knitters.

Miss 3yrs 8mths is back to normal now. Thankyou to every one who wished her well.

Thankyou everyone for my birthday wishes.

I think it's about time I went and sat down and did a bit more sock knitting.

So far this year I have knit 9 pairs of socks and I think I have about 4 singles hanging around here.

Sockitis has found it's home in my house again.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

4 Comments:

  • Congrats on winning the sock competition. It is great that you got some acknowledgement for your wonderful creations. I don't think I could face that many socks - maybe no even one

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:08 pm  

  • What a lovely prize! I have just finished my first pair of socks - wearing them now actually! And cute cats.

    By Blogger amanda j, at 10:05 am  

  • I'll put up a picture of my wool a bit later on. Well done - sock along!!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 4:27 pm  

  • Wow what a lovely surprise, we were wondering if you would get a prize for winning.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 6:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home