The Knitter's Last Stand

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm late, I'm late...............


As per usual I'm late again as yesterday was my

1st Blogiversary.

Life has been soooooooooooooooo hectic around this place that we call home that I plain forgot what day it was.

On the knitting front I've completed another flat cat for the market stall and have knit 1 leg of a pair of baby leggings from the new Creative Knitting that I bought on Monday.

I will be knitting the complete set which comprises leggings, jumper and beanie in the coming months along with "stuff" for the market stall.

My local CWA handcraft ladies had a lady come in to show us how to make sponge cakes that "NEVER FAIL".

These were some of the cakes cooked by Bev and 2 of the other handcraft ladies.

DD and I had a go at making some the other day with DD doing most of the work and they came out just as good as these ones and they didn't last long either. They were sooooooooooooo scrummy.

The photo at the top is of the sunrise just south of Campbell Town about 2 weeks ago as we were heading to Hobart for the day.

It was a beautiful sunrise so I couldn't resist hanging my little digi out the window to get a pickie.

Oh well time to go and start getting tea ready. Apricot chicken and veg tonight and the kids will probably ask for ice cream for dessert again.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

9 Comments:

  • Ohhhh Happy Blogiversary!!!!

    Those cakes look lovely - any secrets you can share with us about the never fail sponges? I would love to make one that looked like that!

    Wishing you sunny skies.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 10:19 pm  

  • Happy blogiversary, wow a year, hasn't time flown.

    I grew up at Campbell Town, and I can remember the sunsets and sunrises as being something else. One of my favourite past times as a kid was to lay out on our back lawn and sky watch, it was so quiet and peaceful. Thanks Cathy for bringing back a beautiful childhood memory xx

    By Blogger Sharon, at 7:32 am  

  • Happy Blogbirthday to you! My mum used to make great sponges. Yum!!

    By Blogger amanda j, at 9:29 am  

  • Happy Blog-versary for yesterday!!
    Yes, I agree with Sharon, we all need the never fail recipe!!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:29 am  

  • No, I agree with Bugsy about the sponges and Sharon about the time flying!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:30 am  

  • Happy Blogaversary!

    You know the shop is always lookign for more cooks, hint hint, as of yesterday the biscuit choice was woeful!

    Suzi

    By Blogger Suzi, at 10:53 am  

  • Happy Blogversary
    I would love toknow how to make those sponges. I only ever tried once - never again.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:19 am  

  • Happy blogiversary and congratulations on the sock win.

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 2:26 pm  

  • Hapy blogiversary for last Thursday!
    I think that recipe for never fail sponges is the same as the one my mum ued, and if you use the right cornflour (like maize cornflour) they are gluten free! Yum! Maybe i should make one...and hope it doesn't turn out like a (sea) sponge!

    By Blogger yarnivorous, at 6:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home