The Knitter's Last Stand

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Oh!!!!!!!!!!! The pressure!!!!!!!!!!!

I am listening to my readers and posting the recipe for sponge cakes that we were given at our last CWA handcraft get together.
DD and I tried this recipe and it came out beautifully and didn't last very long at all.
It was soooooooooooooo scrummy.

Sponge Cakes

4 eggs
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup cornflour
1 (heaped) tbspn custard powder
1/2 tspn bicarb soda
1 (heaped) tspn cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 350*F (180*C)
Sift cornflour, custard powder, bicarb and cream of tartar.
Separate eggs.
Beat whites till thick and fluffy.
Add sugar a little at a time, add egg yolks one at a time.
Sift dry ingredients into mixture (ie. second sifting).
Stir through till well mixed.
Put in 2 x 8 inch round, high tins.
Cook 25 minutes.
Cool then cut in half and fill with whipped cream.
Sprinkle with icing sugar.

Variations

Coffee - Add 1 tbspn coffee essence
Chocolate - Add 1 tbspn cocoa

On the knitting front I have completed my cable rib socks in Patonyle (no pickies as yet) and have also completed the main part of Baby Norgi from Knitty.

Today I wanted to do something different so I knit a childs glove with some Patonyle that was leftover from my cable rib socks. The pattern is from my new Patonyle accessories book that I won in the WWW sock comp.

Oh well it's time to finish cooking tea so I must go. Tonight we are having grilled blade steak with home grown veg (potatoes, corn and beans) then we will be having lemon fluff for dessert.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

1 Comments:

  • Yay! Thanks darls. I can't wait to give it a go. (I bet I will be the first one to fail!). I can no bake a sponge cake! (said in my best scottish accent). hehe. Can't wait to see the cable socks. Bet they are just as scrumptous as the rest of your knitting.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 7:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home