The Knitter's Last Stand

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dying to dye again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our local S'n'B group had a dyeing night at our home on Thursday evening and great fun was had by all.

We had lots of dyeing, lots of laughter, lots of food and lots and lots of fun.

Those present were Cindy, Katt, Margaret, Sharon, Susan, Sandra, DH and myself (after the kid's had gone to bed).

This is my first effort at dyeing yarn.

The foundation yarn (pre dyeing) was cream Patonyle which became rainbow yarn. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo lovely.

To the left is the yarn this morning after I had wound it into balls ready for me to knit.

My needles were very anxious to get this yarn onto themselves and I didn't disappoint them.

How could I not start to knit this luscious yarn and see how the colours would work out on yet another sock.

To the left is how the newly dyed sock yarn looks when it's knit up.

It is very busy but it looks looooooooovely. I'm sooooooooooo pleased with myself.

Thanks Katt and Margaret for showing us how to become addicted to yarn dyeing.

Miss almost 4 would now like me to dye some yarn to make her a pair of socks in purple, pink and blue.

Oh well!!!! She doesn't ask me to knit her much so I suppose I will do this little task for her. (Can you see my arm bent behind my back while I have a big smile on my face).

Ok then I think it might be time for beddy byes.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

The socks are finished. Will post pickies in a future post.

Cathy

8 Comments:

  • I love it! I wonder how it would be in a curly whirly...

    By Blogger Kate, at 2:44 pm  

  • Oh those are lovely! I found your blog through Katt and through bloghopping on knitting. I just recently learn this hobby at age 33 (I wouldn't count the other two years I was learning to get a grip of the needle).

    I wonder if you're dye-ing a yarn, do you have to spin it too? Or just buy a white one?

    By Blogger Serendipity, at 4:17 pm  

  • Wow - it looked great in the skein but the balls of yarn look even better! And lookie how it is knitting up!
    Isn't dyeing fun?

    By Blogger yarnivorous, at 5:43 pm  

  • That looks good enough to eat! Yum!

    By Blogger amanda j, at 5:58 pm  

  • Beautiful, even nicer wound into balls and on the needles. You must be very proud of your dyeing handiwork.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 10:27 pm  

  • Oh darls - it looks fantastic - even bettern once you started knitting with it. Well done!

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 6:47 pm  

  • The socks did knit up well, and no I wouldn't have noticed and didn't till someone pointed out the difference I can be slighlty blind, I saw it and thought I ilke that sock, it has turned out well.

    Actually after you told of us the colour difference I was still a little uncertain can I see it because it's there or can I see it because you told me it was there?

    By Blogger Suzi, at 4:15 pm  

  • I really like the colours, it should be fun to knit with.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home