The Knitter's Last Stand

Friday, April 21, 2006

Finally ............. 2 of 2

This magnificent creation is a crochet string bag from Creative Knitting.

The bag was crochet from 8 ply cotton that I found at the local salvage yard (tip shop).

It folds a pocket that is in the base of the bag which buttons up to look like the bottom photo in this post.

I gave this bag to DD for her birthday in March.


This pair of childs gloves was knit from the yarn left over when I knit the socks below.

The pattern came from my new Patonyle Accessories book that I recently won.

The yarn is one of the new Patonyle colour ways.

I put these socks on the stall that our local S'n'B have at a local market and they have already sold.

This pair of socks was knit from a pattern in Creative Knitting.

The yarn is Patonyle and they really came out a treat.

Since these delectable items have been finished I have also knit another pair of socks and also a pair of childs fingerless gloves so I've been quite busy.


This is a view of the above string bag when it has been folded up.

It makes a nice, neat package to put into your hand bag (if it's big enough) so that you can get it out when needed to carry your shopping.

Today after a visit by the delightful Katt and family we went for a drive to Scottsdale, Bridport and George Town before finally coming home.

We had a delicious lunch at Scottsdale at the Steakout Cafe/Restaurant. The meal was absolutely to die for and I would recommend that anyone going to that area of Tassie drop in for a meal.

Children and adults were well catered for on the menu at a very reasonable price.

Hopefully Katt's computer will be up and running soon as they now have the disks that we hope (fingers crossed) that they need. (Thankyou to DH for hopefully getting them back online again).

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

3 Comments:

  • Cathy, that bag is delicious! How clever. I am yet to go beyond the 70s square afghan with my crochet. And thanks for commenting on Purl, she'll love it! Love Love Love it in fact.

    By Blogger amanda j, at 11:16 pm  

  • Once again you have done a wonderful job all round. Well done!

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 10:19 am  

  • I love the crochet bag, and if one ever found it's way on the S'nB stall it would find a new home ;)

    By Blogger Sharon, at 4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home