The Knitter's Last Stand

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

I have been soooooooooooo busy with my knitting of late.

In the last few weeks I have made 11 items for orders. As yet the photos haven't been downloaded to the computer.

The ordered items were:-
1. A 2 ply cream baby singlet
2. A 2 ply cream baby jumper
3. A 4 ply cream baby cardigan
4. An 8 ply baby jumper
5. A pair of red ladies fingerless gloves
6. A pair of black ladies fingerless gloves
7. A pair of girls black fingerless gloves
8. A pair of teen boys grey fingerless gloves
9. A red and white toddlers beanie
10. A purple and cream beanie for miss almost 4
11. A pair of purple fingerless gloves for miss almost 4

The baby singlet was finished about a month ago and between that and the other orders I made hats, booties and mittens for a friends premmie twins.

The remainder of the orders were completed between May 6th and May 24th.
My fingers and shoulder were getting quite sore by the end of that time.

My tally of finished articles so far this year is 61 finished items and the number of finished pairs of socks is 14 pairs with a few pairs in progress at the moment.

While looking in my little book I also noted that I finished a long standing UFO on May 16th as well. I have taken a pickie but it is still in the camera (as usual) so will post it at a later date. This particular UFO had been waiting to be sew up for about maybe 4 1/2 to 5 years.

I have also started working again on another UFO that has been waiting to be finished for about 5 years.

The stash enhancement has been on the go again as I have some more sock yarn from the sockmonster as well as from the LYS (oops) and also some yarn bought at Waverley Woollen Mills when they had their recent open day sales.

Oh well I think I've rambled on long enough for now.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

5 Comments:

  • I wondered what you had been doing - not that I had to guess!!!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:54 am  

  • Wow! I think I have done like - um... 7 things this year. LOL Well done!

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 5:13 pm  

  • gee just as busy but i didnt keep count.

    By Blogger metal and knit, at 9:13 pm  

  • No wonder you haven't been posting here, you have been too busy!!

    By Blogger Sharon, at 8:50 am  

  • Well done, you must feel good about getting some longstanding UFOs out of the way! How are your hands dealing with all of this knitting?

    By Blogger amanda j, at 8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home