The Knitter's Last Stand

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Busy knitting

Hey Sharon, do you recognise the purple yarn in this jumper?

It's one of the yarns that your friend gave you when she destashed.

It's made a beautiful jumper for miss almost 4.

The pattern is"Carnival" with additional striping (I don't think any experienced knitter ever follows a pattern completely) from the Family Circle "Knit me a rainbow" pattern book that I bought for only 50cents at one of the local City Mission charity stores.

This sock is knit from my solo effort at dyeing yarn.

The sock is now finished and it's mate is on the needles.

These socks are for miss almost 4 as well.

Today I learn how to do "broomstick crochet" and that is even more addictive dyeing yarn.

I have an old curtain rod marked out for DH to cut up, shape and sand into a large needle so that I can do a bit more of this verrrrrrrrrrry addictive craft.

I think that's all for now so until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

5 Comments:

  • Wow, youreally have been busy!! Jumper and all the socks are excellent!!
    I remember doing broomstick crochet in the 70s!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:19 am  

  • The jumper is just beautiful, I thought that the purple would knit up nicely. Glad it got put to some good use. You are a super fast knitter.

    What on earth is broomstick crochet???

    By Blogger Sharon, at 9:22 am  

  • That is a beautiful jumper, and the socks look terrific! Please explain broomstick crochet!?

    By Blogger amanda j, at 4:30 pm  

  • It would be easier to show everyone how to do broomstick crochet than to explain it.

    It is verrrrrrrrrry easy and if you can do chain and double crochet you can broomstick crochet.

    I will post a pickie when I take one of the work that I've done.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 6:30 pm  

  • beautiful job dyeing the yarn. those colors are yummy. the sweater is really nice too. i like the added stripes, makes it more your own. (and you're right, I rarely follow a pattern, sometimes on purpose, mostly by ,mistake.)

    By Blogger kittensmittens, at 6:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home