The Knitter's Last Stand

Monday, April 30, 2007

A few pickies to peruse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This pickie is of miss almost 5's doll wearing a long standing UFO that has finally been finished.

I started this dress when grand daughter number 1 was on the way. (She's now almost 6 1/2).










This is a close up of one of the Ice Cream Sundae socks.

The lovely Katt dyed the yarn and I just couldn't resist getting it an knitting it up.







This is the completed pair of Ice Cream Sundae socks.

They have knit up beautifully if I say so myself.













I knit this little jumper for something to do in between other projects that I had on the go.

It was such a quick little jumper to knit up.

I used a bit of red pure wool that I had sitting in my stash so I was being verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry economical on the pocket and I also used a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry old pattern.



This little hoodie was knit from Bella Baby Parade using a pattern from the BSODL Knitting Essentials book.

I found a lot of faults with the pattern as well as with the yarn.

The pattern said that the 1st size only used 2 balls of yarn but when finished I had about 2 metres of the 4th ball of yarn left. (That's twice the amout of yarn stated in the pattern).

The yarn has joins all the way through it which is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry annoying.

One ball of yarn even had a heap of ends (about 10cm long) shoved into the centre of the ball.

I have a hoodie on the go for miss almost 5 in the same yarn and am having the same problems with the yarn amount used and also joins all the way through the yarn so I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy it again.

I am also going to get in touch with BSODL to let them know what is happening with the yarn as well as it's a rip off for them to sell yarn that when a lot of it is just unusable.

Oh well that's my rant for the day.

There will be more pickies of finished knitting at a later date.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

9 Comments:

  • Hi Cathy, thanks for the congrats...love the knitting!

    By Blogger Betty, at 4:34 pm  

  • I love the way you 'accidentally' knitted a jumper just while you were hanging about waiting to start something else!!! Like your fingers were out of control!! Love the socks, love the dolly's dress too!! You are a knitting wonder!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 5:04 pm  

  • Cathy, the socks look wonderful!!

    Donna
    Random Knits

    By Blogger Donna (Random Knits), at 8:27 pm  

  • Those ice cream sundae socks are so cute -- reminds me of neopolitan ice cream bars! :)
    xoxo
    Lain

    By Blogger Lain, at 2:36 am  

  • you did a fantastic job with that wool!! I really must dye up more (for me and to sell)...

    Of course all your other knits are excellent as well (as per usual)..You have done well

    Katt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 pm  

  • Those socks look good enough to eat! You and Katt are both very clever.

    Gosh that must be so frustrating to use a yucky yarn like that! You are amazing to keep going.

    By Blogger amanda j, at 8:38 pm  

  • I love everything you made especially the doll dress and the blanket. The blanket pattern...is is terribly hard to do for a beginner?

    By Blogger Girlie, at 2:09 am  

  • Hi Cathy, I see you are busy as usual turning out beautiful projects. I do love those icecream sundae socks

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:52 pm  

  • I love them all. you do beautiful work. The ice cream socks look delicious! Well done

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 11:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home