The Knitter's Last Stand

Saturday, October 21, 2006

This and that............

This is a pair of gloves and a beanie for the soaring eagles project that is being run at the moment.

Some of my SnB group are knitting gloves/mittens and beanies for a some of the children in need on this project.

This is the 1st set of 3 that I will be doing at this stage.

This hank of yarn is one of my latest acquisitions from the local tip shop.

It looks to be 2 ply with 1 thread being silk and the other cotton.

It is such a lovely shade of cream and it's also soooooooooooo soft.

I thought that it might look good knit into a very fine shawl if not for myself then for someone else.

This is a lovely crochet sun top that I made for miss 4.

The pattern is from a book put out in the 1960's and the yarn is cotton that I acquired from a friend when she gave me her stash as she doesn't knit or crochet any more.

As you can see it fits miss 4 beautifully and she can't wait until the summer gets here so that she can wear it.

I am looking for a few knitters to knit some small beanies, mittens/gloves and maybe some booties for youngsters in an orphanage in India.

A friends daughter is going to India at the end of December to volunteer with her church with the missionaries and I asked her mum if it would be ok if I asked my friends in blogland to donate a few knitted items for the orphans as when they get to India it will be winter.

The main ones that we are looking at knitting for are the babies and toddlers so as mentioned above we are looking at beanies, gloves/mittens and booties for these young children.

If you feel that you can help just drop me a line by email so that I can let you know where to send them. My email address is on my profile page if you are interested.

The date that the items will need to be with me is December 15th at the latest as I will need time to get them to my friends daughter so that she can pack them ready to go to India.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

6 Comments:

  • HI! Katt sent me here to see the works in progress! The particular little boy that the set is for is just an amazing young man that takes care of all of all of his younger siblings while his single mother works 3 jobs. He is in my reading group and makes straight A's. He wants to be a teacher and he's amazing! Can't wait until he sees this, he will be so touched!

    I would LOVE to try to donate something for your friend to take to India. Please email me at theprocrastiknitter@yahoo.com

    THanks!

    By Blogger Procrastiknitter, at 3:16 pm  

  • I love the stuff you are doing for Soaring Eagles! The colours are fantastic...

    I also love the little top you made Miss 4...Cute!!

    Will have to get my butt wiggling on the things for your friend to take to India too!!

    Tooo much knitting..not enough time! lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 pm  

  • Oh boy I am still in the planning stage of my soaring eagle goodies!!

    By Blogger Sharon, at 1:41 pm  

  • Oh, I love that top! My daughter would flip for that top! And that's for sure.

    By Blogger Girlie, at 7:07 am  

  • Hey Cathy,
    You are always so busy. I joined an Aussie Knit for Charities group - look on my blog. You could publish on that group. I keep having family projects get in the way of charity knitting. How do you do it?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:06 pm  

  • Hi Cathy, I havn't forgotten to ring you about the green cardi, I'm just a bit slack...well busy with nothing exciting. Was going to call you for last Sunday but we did this hideous renovating task that went all weekend and I was stuffed! Don't give up on me!
    Love your find from the tip shop, well done!

    By Blogger Betty, at 8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home