The Knitter's Last Stand

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A few FO's

This little pair of booties was a quick project to do as I wanted something simple to make that wouldn't take up a lot of knitting time.

The pattern was a freeby from The Black- spot-of-doom-light and the yarn also came from the same place.

I really like working with this yarn but if you are knitting larger projects it tends to go a bit fluffy at the bottom edge of your work.

I put these booties in the shop that Katt and I sell out knittwear at and they sold in no time.

This little baby outfit is for the new grandaughter when she grows into it.

The set comprises of a little jumper, trousers and beret.

The yarns are Magnum Prints acrylic and the white is acrylic that I bought in a 500gm balls at Big W.

The pattern was from one of the Australian Creative Knitting pattern books.

The jumper was supposed to have flowers embroidered onto it as well as other fancy work on the frilled edging but I think that it would have looked a bit overdone. (Less is more in other words).

This pair of socks is knit from one of my fave yarns.

They are made from Trekking XXL and the pattern is from my Patonyle Knitting Book that I won earlier this year.

This pair of socks was a birthday present for a friend who had shown an interest in some of my other pairs of socks that I'd made.

On the baby front little Jasmin is doing very well and is gaining weight at a good rate.

I can't wait to see her the next time to see how much she's grown.

On the needles at the moment I have 3 pairs of socks (all of them on the 2nd sock), a crochet baby shawl in 4 ply pure wool from Bendi, a childrens jumper and the never ending 4 ply scarf that's been my take along project for the last few months.

I just remembered I started a pair of white booties last night and finished them this afternoon as well so that's another finished project.

While at SnB on Tuesday Sharon bought along the Pony Pearl sets of needles that we had ordered through her and Katt bought along my new 5 balls of sock yarn that I had ordered through the Sockmonster. Woopee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We (some of our SnB group)are having another dying time at my home next week so we should have a good time making a mess and also having a wonderful time with friends.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

A few questions answered

Katt the colour of the Trekking XXL is 125.

Amanda I got the Trekking XXL from Sockmonster but it takes a loooooooooooooong time to arrive.

Until next time keep on knitting again.

Cathy

9 Comments:

  • I love the baby set and the boottees and the socks too! You have been busy! Where did you get the trekking yarn from?

    By Blogger amanda j, at 8:37 am  

  • Lovely FO's there Cathy, I really do like the outfit for little Jasmin, like you said it needs no more it is lovely as is.

    Hey you have posted on your blog ;)

    By Blogger Sharon, at 9:25 am  

  • love the baby wear. gee when i get time ill get back to socks when the current orders go that is

    By Blogger metal and knit, at 11:30 pm  

  • The baby set is so lovely, and I agree : the embroidery would have been way too much!! As usual, excellent sockage!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:34 am  

  • I sit here looking at the beautiful things you've knitted and dream that someday, I will be able to knit past the little squares I do now for my sampler afghan. It's so very easy to get lost in the counting and I have to undo tons of times.

    I love the outfit, it's awesome!

    By Blogger Serendipity, at 9:46 am  

  • Wow Cathy, you have been knitting non stop as usual. I am hopefully back from my blogging lull. Congrats on your new baby granddaughter. It is so exciting with a new born and so many possibilies to knit. I love the booties, no wonder they sold

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:20 pm  

  • Hey Cathy! Be careful of those dischloths, they may try to taunt you a secccond time!

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 10:07 pm  

  • Know what?
    You can make Garterlac Baby Bibs, too!

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 9:47 am  

  • Everything looks so awesome! Great stuff... love that yarn for your socks. Tell me more about that pattern book... I've never heard of it!
    (Wow, a knitting book I haven't heard of???) ;)
    xoxox
    Lain

    By Blogger Lain, at 3:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home