The Knitter's Last Stand

Friday, August 11, 2006

Even more FO's (including more socks)

This lovely pair of Jaywalker socks was made from Trekking XXL sock yarn.

I am running quite short of this type of yarn at the moment so I will have to pull my finger out and find a supplier who can get me some of this yarn and get it for me quickly.


This pair of socks are made from pure wool that I bought from The Knitting Yarn Shop at a ridiculously low price for pure wool.

The pattern once again was from my Patons Book 1239 (Patonyle accessories for the whole family) knitting book that I won way back when.

The sock patterns in the book are sooooooooo easy that even a first time sock knitter can even follow them.

This pair of socks is already in the shop that Katt and I knit for to be sold.


I've been on a bit of a stash enhancement lately as I've been knitting quite a few pairs of gloves (with and without fingers) for the shop that Katt and I knit for lately.

Most of these have been ordered but I've also knit some that were just for general sale as well. (Nothing like keeping ahead of the orders).

The lovely knitting under this yarn is part of a UFO that has been on and off the needles for about 23 years.

The squares are knit in a log cabin design and it takes 35 of these squares to make a single bed cover. So far I have 20 squares finished and the other 15 squares are in varying stages of being knit.

I am using bits and pieces of yarn from wherever I can scrounge it up for this project as I don't want it to be uniform in colour.

I looooooooooooooove the random effect that these squares make so it will be interesting to see when I have finished it in the next hmmmmmmmmmmm let me see maybe 10 years the rate it has been going so far.

Each square is about 30cm (12 inches for the uninitiated)on each side and I'm hoping to crochet them together with black yarn.

There has as I mentioned above only been scraps of yarn used for the squares so there is also a mutitude of yarns used as well ranging from wool, acrylic and also a bit of mohair as well as cotton.

This is a Garlerlac Dishcloth that I thank Trek for kindly putting the link on her blog for.

The link goes to Dave's blog and he has the pattern there for everyone.

I have made 2 of these now and they are sooooooooooooooo quick to knit.

This is one of the many pairs of gloves that I've made lately.

I was making them that quickly at one stage that I was taking them to the shop and not taking photos of them.

In the last few weeks I've made 5 pairs of them as well as doing other knitting when I could.

I think I've rambled on enough for tonight so I will be off for now.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

13 Comments:

  • Jaywalkers : excellent!!
    Running out of TrekKing? Boogelly!!
    You are so ahead of the pack with your Log Cabin knitting!! It's all the rage now!!
    Very nice dishcloth. We are all dishcloth people now!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 11:13 pm  

  • I really like how that dishcloth is coming together. The two yarns give it a great tweedy effect!

    By Blogger Dave, at 10:34 am  

  • Gee where do you find the time to do all that. I am struggling as it is and I only work 40 hours a week and basically knit

    By Blogger metal and knit, at 8:57 pm  

  • Those jaywalkers are gorgeous!

    By Blogger Suzy, at 9:44 am  

  • My head is spinning now with all the FOs there, you certainly are one knitting machine woman he he!!

    You were 20 years before your time with the log cabin quilt, as Cindy mentioned they are popping up everywhere now. I hope we don't have to wait another 20 to see it finished.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 9:23 am  

  • Goodness me! You have been busy. I love those gloves, they look very cosy and warm.

    By Blogger amanda j, at 6:04 pm  

  • I like the blue ones, they are bluetiful!

    By Blogger Betty, at 5:28 pm  

  • Everyone is just raving about Trekking!!! I've never used it -- and hadn't heard of it until about two weeks ago. As soon as I am off my stash diet I will try to dig some up.
    I'm using Koigu for the first time, and it's lovely!
    xoxo
    Lain

    By Blogger Lain, at 3:48 am  

  • As usual you leave me in awe of your output. I love the multicoloured socks. Keep going on that rug. It would be great to finish it

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:15 pm  

  • Your always so busy! How do you amnage it?

    Even tv knittign sees me takign some time to get anything substantial done.

    I lov ethe Jaywalker pattern it's one of my faves.

    Suzi

    By Blogger Suzi, at 10:34 pm  

  • Hi Kathy! I love this socks. I just started doing 4 needles and it was really really hard!

    I've change my home link to this one coz of some relative issue.

    thought I'd update you.

    By Blogger Girlie, at 5:02 pm  

  • Garlerlac pattern, I love it!

    I think I will try. Cathy, is this doable for someone extremely beginner only?

    By Blogger Girlie, at 12:09 pm  

  • Hi Kathy, I was devastated when I lost my Patonyle book and then discovered it is out of print. The socks are amazing. The beanie and scarf patterns are just lovely and I have not seen them in any other book. Enjoy.

    By Blogger Neenuel, at 7:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home