The Knitter's Last Stand

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Even more FO's

This is my pair of "Westbury socks".

I am soooooooooo pleased with the way they came out.

I wasn't happy with the self striping Regia yarn but in this pattern it looks reaaaaaaaaaaaaally good.

The pattern is from the Winter issue (16) of Creative Knitting from last year.

I was that pleased with the way the pattern came out that I will be knitting it again in the future.


This is a rug that I crochet from a packet of Moda Dea that I bought at the BSODL (Spotlight) when they had their $1 sales a few weeks back.

It is just crochet in the granny square pattern with a bit of a scalloped edging.

This yarn is sooooooooooooooooo soft.


This is part of a little baby set that I've made from the old faithful "Heather" pattern.

The yarn is Bendigo 3 ply pure wool.

If encouraged I might make the rest of the layette but at this stage I'm back into sock knitting mode again.

Since making this set I've knit another baby set that I haven't downloaded the pickies of yet.

The other set comprises a jacket, bonnet and booties made from a lovely pinky variegated baby yarn.

I've also knit another 2 pairs of socks and have almost finished another pair.

As I said I'm in sock knitting mode again.

As I will be on the road again for the next few weeks some more socks will get made as they are just perfect for traveling knitting.

Catch y'all in a few weeks.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

7 Comments:

  • Cathy, it didn't even occur to me that I could knit or crochet myself a rug!

    The rug you made, is it cotton?

    By Blogger Girlie, at 9:33 am  

  • Your WWW socks are fantastic, they make the Regia a focus rather than a sadness!! All the baby knitting id so lovely too!!
    Have a good trip and a happy conference!!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 11:38 am  

  • Lovely FOs especially like the socks. See you when you get back and have a safe and fun trip :)

    By Blogger Sharon, at 9:23 am  

  • I love those baby stuff you crocheted. I finally finished my dishcloth...it's going to Australia!

    By Blogger Girlie, at 12:44 am  

  • LOVE those socks! Awesome!
    xoxo
    Lain

    By Blogger Lain, at 3:18 pm  

  • Hi Cathy, I've been hiding from blog world so I missed dropping in on the holidays! Do you sell at the CWA shop in st.John street? My friend is having a baby this week or next and I know she wants some woolies for her little one. I'll go and have a little look in the shop and see if I can find some of your knitted treasures. Do you have a label?

    By Blogger Betty, at 8:23 pm  

  • Hey Cathy, HOpe you made it home ok. Thanks for spending time with me in Adelaide. I love those socks, and of course adore the baby knitting. Do finish the layette

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home