The Knitter's Last Stand

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Even more socks

This little pair of child's rib socks are knit from a bit of left over Trekking XXL.

The pattern is once again from my Patonyle knitting book that I won.

I absolutely luuuuuuuuuuv knitting with Trekking yarn but it's quite hard to come by here in Aussie land.

This pair of socks is knitted in my long awaited Opal Rainforest in Tiger print.

I have had this yarn ordered a few times but it didn't seem to turn up each time that I had it ordered.

Well to cut a long story short it finally turned up about 2 weeks ago and voila - a pair of tiger print socks to keep my toes cosy and warm.


This is miss 4's new jumper that I made her to go away to Hobart last weekend.

The pink yarn is Magnum Prints and the white is just a generic acrylic yarn that I bought in a 500g ball.

The pattern is from a Debbie Bliss book (which one has slipped my mind at the moment) and the jumper took all of 6 days top make in total.

Miss 4 wore the jumper again when we went to a performance of Playschool today.

As well as this knitting I have crocheted some squares to help Katt out for a little baby jacket and also am working along the foot on the second sock of another pair of socks at the moment.

The almost completed socks are being knit in Opal Petticoat and are an order.

As it's quite late I think it's time for beddy byes so until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

4 Comments:

  • That jumper is just lovely. It feels soft and looks great!! I love Miss 4s logic too!!! Why is it so hard to get Trekking??(I sound like Kamahl now!!)

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:27 am  

  • Some lovely knitting and I think that someone should start importing Trekking and my newly discovered Sugar and Cream cotton!!!

    By Blogger Sharon, at 11:25 am  

  • The Tiger yarn is just gorgeous! (I feel slighltly like that woman from Little Britain...)

    Mine is stashed away in a safe hidey hole fromt eh DWC until I finsih some more socks and can knit it!
    It is a very good hidey hole.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 7:41 am  

  • I lub that sweater! It's beautiful!

    By Blogger Girlie, at 8:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home