The Knitter's Last Stand

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Jumbled pickies

I finished this pair of socks while we were on holiday.

They were finally finished just before we started on the Great Ocean Road.

The yarn is Jigsaw and the pattern is from the ever reliable Patons Patonyle accessory book.





This yarn is some that I bought from Lincraft while in Melbourne.

I didn't find anything to buy at Lincraft while I was in the Marion store.

There doesn't seem to be the range of yarn there that they had in the Collins St store in Melbourne.

The 2 large 500g balls of acrylic only cost me $6.99 for the 2 balls and the orange Lana Grossa yarn cost $5.98 for 4 balls of yarn.

The Lana Grossa Cat is 50% Microviscose, 35% Merino and 15% Baby Alpaca and it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo soft.

As I sold a pair of ladies gloves in the shop that Katt and I knit for I thought that I had better knit another pair,

The yarn is Cleckheaton 5 ply that was acquired when a friend cleaned out all her stash as she doesn't knit any more.





While in Adelaide Joan took me to a wonderful shop called Barb's sew and knits.

What a wonderful store with shelves absolutely crammed with yarn.

To the left is what I bought in this wonderful little shop.

Lana Grossa yarn with GREEN in it for a friend, Jigsaw yarn that I just had to start a pair of socks in when I finished the pair that was on the needles while on the train, Vogue Knitting Socks, and a set of Clover dpns in size 2.5mm.

This is the back of Miss 4 who is holding up a pair socks made from Opal Dreamcatcher 1231 that I finished knitting on the train.

I wasn't very happy with the way this pair of socks looked when they were finished so they are already in the shop that Katt and I knit for so that some lucky person can buy them to keep their tootsies warm next winter.

As well as these items I have today finished another baby jacket and I have also got the 1st sock of a pair of Doomsday socks almost finished.

The pattern is the one that's been given out for the "Sock Wars" that is running at the moment.

I will post some holiday pickies veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry sooooooooooooooooooooon.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

8 Comments:

  • Love the gloves and they are purple (ask the others who were at SnB they will fill you in)!!

    You have definately got a lot of use out of the Patons Patonyle book, what a great prize it was.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 9:04 pm  

  • Ahhh, to purple, Sharon says "Knob" and "A mole"... You are a sock knitting machine!! Oh, you remembered my plaintive plea as you left!! You are so kind!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 10:24 pm  

  • No time for idle hands either. Glad your trip away made some good yarn purchases and socks make the best portable knitting with a good reliable pattern.

    By Blogger metal and knit, at 12:58 am  

  • Busy busy busy!

    It is I suppose as Cindy says, sock weather.
    Sure has felt like it these last couple of days.

    Miss 4 was evidently having a good time after the train.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 5:30 pm  

  • The link didnt work!! :(

    Could you email me with the link to the socks? I would love to make a pair (since they are suppose to be 8ply arent they?)

    All looks great! You have done a fantastic job! And I agree..You are a sock machine!

    Katt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 pm  

  • Cathy I finally went to the CWA shop today to look for a knitted treasure for Em's new baby. They were closed! Gee they close early! I may have to send A.M in one day! What is the other shop you sell to?
    I hope you enjoyed your holiday!

    By Blogger Betty, at 9:43 pm  

  • I very nearly bought some Jigsaw yarn this very morning in the same colours. And, I have knitted socks like those with Miss 4! Talk about great minds and all that!

    By Blogger amanda j, at 6:21 pm  

  • I love those socks. Are they hard to do for a beginner?

    By Blogger Girlie, at 6:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home