The Knitter's Last Stand

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Yummy cake recipe

I went to the local S'n'B at the Kameo Cafe today. We had a really good time knitting, eating and even more knitting.

At the moment I'm knitting the secret project from the new Melbourne FM radio station vega 91.5. I started the project last night where the on air knitters started the 4 week project 3 1/2 weeks ago.

I've been very slack on the knitting front lately as I've been doing a bit of cross stitch as I had a small cut on my had that hurt when knitting. (It was ok for x stitch though as I can't go without doing any craft work.)

While at S'n'B today we were mentioning recipes that we cook and I mentioned that I make an old fashioned rhubarb cake so below is the recipe for Cindy and Sharon. The recipe was originally in lbs and ozs so I used my trusty scales and modernised the recipe for the imperially challenged among us.


Old Fashioned Rhubarb Cake

30g butter
190g brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla
1 tspn bicarb soda
1 tspn cinnamon
1 egg
150g plain flour
grated rind of 1 lemon
125ml sour cream
250g chopped rhubarb

Topping

80g brown sugar
1 tspn cinnamon

Method

Using a wooden spoon cream butter, sugar, egg & vanilla.
Stir in sifted flour, bicarb soda & cinnamon followed by sour cream.
Add rhubarb & lemon rind.
Pour mixture into round tin.
Sprinkle with topping & bake in a moderate oven for 40 - 60mins.

Nice as a dessert topped with custard.

Hey Sharon the wool winder works beautifully. Thankyou very much.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

3 Comments:

  • Hey Cathy,
    I hope your knitting hand is better or you will go into withdrawal. I checked the mystery object, an interesting idea. Must try your recipe. Thanks.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:26 am  

  • Thankyou so much for the recipe can't wait to try it out. I am glad you are happy with your wool winder and get lots of use out of it, when I first got mine I was obsessed with winding any yarn I could get my hands on.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 12:50 pm  

  • Katt, your yarn stash is now explained! I went to the website too and wow - I could do some serious plastic damage.

    Cathy, thanks for the cake recipe. It's really easy to adapt to gluten-free mode and I really enjoyed it :) There's just never enough rubarb in the world...

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home