The Knitter's Last Stand

Sunday, October 09, 2005

A frogging we will go............

As the title suggests I did a little frogging today.

I was knitting my first jaywalking sock from the latest Magknits and I got about half way along the foot and realised that the sock was going to be too small to fit onto my foot. Bummer.

I had to frog the sock all the way back to the rib as this sock was started at the top. (I usually prefer to knit socks from the toe up.)

The sock is supposed to be knit on 2.25mm needles all the way but as the tension is too tight I have knit the rib on 2.25mm and am knitting the rest of the sock on 2.75mm needles.

I am now about 2/3 of the way along the foot on my first sock and the tension is really good on the 2.75mm needles (and the sock now fits my foot).

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

5 Comments:

  • Bad luck, and you can't really do it toe up, well, you could but would the pattern be strange?? I started them on Saturday for my SP6- don't think she will look here!!! It is such an easy pattern to remember, I need some socks of my own in it too!!! I'm doing the large size. We'll compare at the Knitting Coven, shall we???!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 8:03 am  

  • Take heart it aint the worse. I am too scared to even try dpns to knit socks. I still use single needles to make my socks with.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:52 pm  

  • Great going Cathcy. If it had been me I would have thrown it in the corner for the next ten years.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:21 pm  

  • Been awhile lady!

    If I hadn't seen you today I would have been worried.

    I hope to see you tomorrow at SNB at the Cameo.

    Suzi.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 5:37 pm  

  • it always sucks to have to frog.
    bummer

    By Blogger kittensmittens, at 11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home