The Knitter's Last Stand

Sunday, October 02, 2005

More finished socks!!!!!!!!!

Above is a my pair of socks knit from Opal Brasil 5001 in the falling leaves pattern from Knitty. As this pattern was knit on smaller needles the texture is a bit closer and the tension is a bit tighter.

To the right is a pair of Opal socks that have been knit to the lacy socks pattern from the latest Creative Knitting pattern book. The yarn is Opal Rodeo 1158. These socks were a pleasure to knit. They are a Christmas present for a friend. I know I'm safe posting this picture as she doesn't get onto the net as far as I know.

Another project that's finished is my secret santa item for our local S'n'B group.

Startitis has hit again and even though I have done the back and one of the fronts of Miss 3's cardi I've started the back of a jumper in some lovely Magnum Prints 8ply in a beautiful shades of purple. The pattern is the same as Miss 3's cardigan that I knit in the Bendigo wool. It's the lovely pattern with the textured bands and the moss stitch hearts on it.

At the moment I have DD and GS staying for a while so I have DD knitting a scarf for herself. She's been knitting since she was about 8 yrs old.

It's quite hectic with 2 children in the house as GS is almost 9yrs old so he is attending the local school. If we're not going one way with one child we're going the other way with the other one.

This seriously puts a dent in the knitting time.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

7 Comments:

  • Great socks, will we see them on Tuesday? I have been suffering startitis as well must be that time of the year or something.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 7:51 am  

  • Oh, your Falling Leaves socks are delicious!! I am knitting away like a maniac to finish my Lacy socks so I can start a new pair. I want startitis too!!! I think Spring makes us all want to start something new!! See your socks tomorrow I hope!!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 11:26 am  

  • Yay!! They look great! Great job!

    By Blogger ., at 1:16 pm  

  • More socks? This can mean only one thing we will be DOOMED! DOOMED to knit socks forever and an eternity!
    Oh well at least it's fun knitting them.

    See you tomorrow!
    Suzi.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 3:45 pm  

  • What lovely socks!

    By Blogger Michelle, at 2:54 am  

  • love the lacy socks from creative knits .. nice to see them knitted .

    By Blogger melissa, at 8:52 am  

  • Love the socks. I suffer from terminal startitis.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home