The Knitter's Last Stand

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Baby elephant walk.

My secret project from the vega 91.5 radio station is finished.

He's a lovely orange elephant and he looks beautiful in my garden bed with the new green bean plants behind him (or her).

This lovely little elephant is eventually on his way to the ambulance station as they give soft cuddly toys to their patients to help to settle them down when they are in crisis. These gifts are not only for the youngsters as sometimes the adults like something to cuddle as well.


To the right is the yarn that I got from the Knitting Yarn Shop which came on Monday I think. It's been that crazy around here that I keep losing track of the days.

The lovely purple is a wine coloured 'zest' 8 ply yarn. It is no longer in the hanks that it came in but in 7 balls that I wound up on the wool winder that I now have thanks to Sharon. The other yarn is described as premium second 8 ply variegated wool - dark purples. It's quite pretty and I will be taking a ball to the local S'n'B on Tuesday so that everyone can have a fondle.

I have been busy in the garden as you can see by the bean plants that are growing behind my elephant. The greenery in front of the elephant are my pea palnts. They have just come through. I have also planted lettuces, carrots,butter beans and sweet corn. The children have also planted pumpkins which have come through a treat. (Hopefully all the seed won't germinate as I think they put about 20+ seeds in 2 holes.)

I don't usually plant sweet corn but the garden has been so productive in the last few years that we've been in this house that I decided to give it a go this year.

I think that's all for now so until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

4 Comments:

  • The elephant is so cute and he is going to a very worthy cause. The yarn is lovely the variegated looks the same as mine only a different colour, can't wait to fondle ;)

    By Blogger Sharon, at 10:57 am  

  • Katt is addicted to Zest!!!! Elephant is lovely. I had an elephant toy when I was little called Heffalump!! The variegated wool is lovely, I am ordering some green, I hope mine is as nice!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:17 am  

  • Your hefalump is very cute! Maybe I'll have to make one :-)

    By Blogger yarnivorous, at 8:51 pm  

  • The elephant is adorable! I was disappointed to go to the radio site to find out that it's no where to be found! Would you happen to still have the pattern (from almost 2 years ago)?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home