The Knitter's Last Stand

Friday, August 12, 2005

We're home again

As you may have guessed we are home again.

The night on the boat (Spirit of Tasmania I) was a bit (let's rephrase that to quite a bit) rocky for the 1st few hours last night but it was really smooth sailing for the rest of the voyage. Even though it was a bit rocky the voyage was still really comfortable.

For all you Tasmanians and also non- Tasmanians instead of flying why don't you try the alternate transport and sail as it is good foor the Tasmanian economy and it's a great experience.

On the knitting front I still haven't finished the mystery project but now I'm home hopefully it won't be long until it's finished.

I am almost half way up the back of miss 3's cardigan and the pattern is looking really nice. Katt you may want to photocopy the pattern as it's really nice and it is sooooooooooo easy to follow.

My pair of Opal socks with the silver fleck that I was knitting have been finished and I have also made a pair of childs socks from the leftover striped Opal.

I got quite a bit of knitting done while we were sight seeing but the pickies will have to wait until they are loaded onto this computer as they are all on DH's laptop as well as he's burnt them off onto disc as we have been wending our way around the north island.

Oh well I suppose I had better go and finish unpacking and finish the little bit of washing that we bought home with us. Yuck!

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

2 Comments:

  • Welcome back home Cathy, glad you had a nice time and as for the boat I get way too sea sick to even think of going on it :( DH reckons I get sea sick in the bath.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 7:00 pm  

  • Hi Cathy!! Dr Who was so good!! I watched it at ACMA's and then again when I got home!!! I think David Tennant has possibilities - he was great in Taking over the Asylum. Very sad to see Christopher Eccleston go though, he was one of the great Doctors. I have a new 60th anniversary Tom Baker TARDIS and K9 ornament!!! So cool!!! Welcome back to the state, there truly is no place like home.....

    By Blogger 2paw, at 10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home