The Knitter's Last Stand

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

It's finished at last

My cardigan is finished and it even has the buttons sewn on. Whoopee!!!!

There is a few pickies below of the cardigan and also a close up of one of the buttons that I have sewn onto it.

It's a bit hard to see the pattern but it's a diamond cable which the camera with flash didn't want to show up. (May need to take another photo but outside tomorrow.)

I have also posted a photo of the mystery project so far. It is coming along well but I don't think I will have it finished by my deadline. (The deadline is because I and the family are going on holiday for 3 whole weeks.)

The ladies from our local S'n'B know what the mystery project is but everyone else will just have to keep guessing.

On a sad note we had to have our dear cat put to sleep this morning. She was almost 15 yrs old and was in ill health and had been for quite a while. She had started having fits and she was at the stage where she didn't have quality of life any more. The decision was very hard to make and we put it off for as long as we could. RIP dear Tuppence. Thanks for the past almost 15 yrs of love and we will miss the dabs on the nose in the middle of the night.

Until next time keep on knitting and love those around you for as long as you can as one day they will pass into the eternal afterlife.

Cathy

5 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear about your Tuppence.

    Shel

    By Blogger delirious, at 12:55 am  

  • Tuppence is resting peacefully now.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 2:56 pm  

  • Such sad news, but Tuppence will be in Cat Heaven...
    Cindy,
    Harki-Parki-Parker-Posey and
    Peri Naughty the Golden Labradors

    By Blogger 2paw, at 3:16 pm  

  • Thanks Cathy for the tip about intarsia, that is exactly what I was after. It is always the join that I have the problem with and now I know how to fix it, so a big thanks xxx

    By Blogger Sharon, at 9:37 am  

  • Oh Cathy, I am so sorry to hear about Tuppence. What a incredible cat she has been for you. I hope you can remember all the wonderful times together. She will be remembered forever.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home