The Knitter's Last Stand

Thursday, May 12, 2005

While reading a friends blog I looked into the comments and found someone who wouldn't even sign their name to their comment complaining about the spelling.

Not everyone is an expert at spelling and the spell check will only tell you that the word is spelt correctly and not that it is the correct word to use. It will not tell you the correct there or their, or even to, too or two.

Spelling is not everyones "TALENT". My DH can't spell to save himself but give him a computer and/or a camera (be it film or digital) and he can really make them sing (figure of speech).

I wish people would get off their high horse and realise that no-one is perfect not even them.

Knitting news next post.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

4 Comments:

  • Cathy, I have NO idea how you stumbled upon my blog, but thanks so much for the kind words. I never really think about other people bothering to make negative comments when they read blogs... that's downright rude and stupid. Nice to hear about the other end of the world. As you go into fall, hope your winter is milder than the one just ending here!

    By Blogger Birdsong, at 3:15 pm  

  • Cathy,

    It's nice to know I'm not he only one in a snit over this. What annoys me more is they posted as Anon.
    That obviously speaks volumes about their concern.

    Suzi.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 6:47 pm  

  • Who gives a $%#&*& about the spelling on a knitting blog, some people have no idea and if they feel so inclined about spelling and grammer and the like go read a dictionary or an encyclopedia and let us 'normal folk' have a bit of fun with our blogs. I think that may mean that I didn't like the comments either.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 2:44 pm  

  • Dear Cathy, how cool to find another grown up who likes Star Wars and Dr Who. Usually I am perceived as something only slightly less than freaky!! Mind you, if I collected framed photos of cricketers and naff football memorabilia I would be considered perfectly sane. Two other grown ups, me, and some children are having a Dr Who watching party with fingerfood so as not to distract from the actual viewage!!!
    Cindy, Harki and Peri ( who is named after Peri in Dr Who!!)

    By Blogger 2paw, at 10:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home