The Knitter's Last Stand

Friday, June 10, 2005

Sucker

I must be the biggest sucker about.

I have taken another scarf order. This one is cream and is 9 foot long. Read it again.

9 foot long.

There is also a beanie with the order which I have already completed. (see pickie below)

I have completed 1 (one) sock from the pretty comfy socks pattern from the socks around the world blog. The sock is in 4 ply Gem cotton from the local tip shop. (One of last weeks acquisitions.)

I have also completed a long time UFO that I started about 2yrs ago for #1 granddaughter but has been completed for #2 granddaughter.

It had only been waiting for the 2nd sleeve to be knit and then to be sewn up and the neck band done. The jumper is from thick and thin cotton that I found about 2 1/2 years ago at an op shop.

I have started on the 9 ft cream scarf and have about 6 inches done but have kind of lost interest in it. It will still get done but it will be an effort. I'll just have to pull my finger out and get it done quickly so that I can do some knitting that I really want to do. Namely sock, socks, socks.

I suppose I should get back to the scarf so catch you all later.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

5 Comments:

  • This scarf is for the same guy through the shop.

    I just happened to be at the shop for a meeting when the guy came in and ordered the beanie and scarf so I got to meet him.

    He also wants me to knit him a jumper in the near future as well. He is finding a pattern of what he wants made but he said that it would be simple and straight forward. The guy seems to know quite a bit about knitting and yarns. He prefers pure wool above anything else.

    He pays well so I don't mind that much I suppose.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 11:04 pm  

  • I forgot to add to the above comments that I have caller ID and it works a dream at times.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 11:05 pm  

  • A jumper as well? He must be happy with his finished items already.

    A 9 foot scarf! Ah well I only gave you the order for the 7 foot one - must have been the bad assistant who gave you a 9....

    Suzi.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 5:36 pm  

  • Can I ask? What does someone DO with a 9ft scarf? I tried to work out how long that actually was (which is really easy as I have 9ft windows on the front of the house lol) and that is bloody long!

    I love the other things you have made - the cream beanie is just perfection. I am in awe of you, Shel and Katt.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 8:08 pm  

  • Hey Cathy,
    You can be a founding member of my UFO Anonymous Club. First say no to long scarves so you can get your other fun knitting done.
    I have to say no to family who want boring knitting
    Congrats on finishing the jumper, and I love the beanie

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home