The Knitter's Last Stand

Monday, May 30, 2005

It's finished at last!!!!!!!!!!!

The dreaded, boring 7 foot long scarf has been finished at last. Thankyou very much for the order Suzi. Never again.

I have also knitted a pair of baby socks for the Guardian Angels project through the Guardian pharmacy. I may have to tackle something else before the appeal closes.

Also on the go I have a pair of childs rib slippers. I have them knitted but I need to sew them up and crochet around the top of them. (Photos coming soon to a computer near you.){DH's humour not mine.}

Birdsong we have made an enquiry about the tree in the lavender and here for your enjoyment is the reply. I have just posted a panorama shot showing more of the lavender fields.

"That tree and the one just down from it, is an English Oak. They are 120 years old and were planted on the original farm site ("Woodcroft") here prior to establishment of the lavender farm."

After all the comments about his photos DH has got a very swollen head. (It's a wonder he can fit through the door.) DH is thinking about starting his own blog when he gets around to it.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

3 Comments:

  • Cool the scarf is done! I'm sure the customer will be very plesed to have it.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 5:09 pm  

  • He had better be pleased with the scarf and he had better not tell anyone else where to get one made as I AM NOT KNITTING ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 5:18 pm  

  • I know what you mean about tedious projects. I am trying to get Kylie's jacket done and it is on size 3 needles and 5 ply and super long.
    Thanks for the comment on the quilt. I started one for my grandson about 8 months ago and now want to finish it for his birthday. I have decided I would rather knit.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home