The Knitter's Last Stand

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Green, green grass of home.

Just a few pickies so the out of towners can see why Launceston (and Tasmania/Australia) is a wonderful place to live and visit.

DH took all of these photos on his uber, you beaut Nikon D70 Digital SLR camera.

DH is complaining that he only got one line in my posting so I have put in a few more so shut him up. So there *imagine the tongue poked out and me saying na, na, na, naaaaaaaaaaa, na*.

If you want to shut him up just leave a comment and ask for more photos. He may even start his own photo blog one day if there's enough interest.

On the knitting front I received my copy of the Guardian Angels knitting book in the mail today and have started to knit a pair of *insert huge grin* (you guessed it) SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, YES SOCKS for the Guardian Angels project.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

6 Comments:

  • Cathy, tell your DH that the piccys are wonderful. We spent 10 days in Tassie over 25 years ago now, but we loved it. We went on the chair lift. I would like to return, but we mostly head up for the sunshine and rellies and friends in Qld.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:02 pm  

  • Great photos - but why is anyone up and taking a photo at
    5-30 am?????? Far too early!!!!
    Great photo of the Gorge, I love that it is just down the hill - I sneak a look up there every time I go over the bridge ( very bad of me)

    By Blogger 2paw, at 8:16 am  

  • "And they'll all come to meet me".

    Well it looks as though we are now! I forgot to check my letterbox to see if I'd got a Guardian Angel booklet as they did take my details last year...I might have to pop down the road and see them.

    Do you really want us telling your DH how wonderful talented his work is? He might get a big head and become unbearable. But they are lovely photos all the same.

    Suzi.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 5:53 pm  

  • Love the piccies! We were in Tassie 2.5 years ago and adored it. Particularly the north and the west coast. We took sooo many pictures that we ended up not being able to do a web page or 50 of them cos there were just too many to choose from. Our favourite stop was at Mole creek Guesthouse (somewhat above our budget but it was lovely). Must find the digipics....

    By Blogger yarnivorous, at 10:02 pm  

  • oh wow - At the risk of your hubby getting a swelled head, those photos are fantastic! He has down a marvelous job of them. Well done. Tell him if he gets a photo blog I will check in all the time to see his terrific pictures.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 4:50 pm  

  • Yes tell DH they are wonderful and that he is definately doing his bit to plug this great place of ours.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home