The Knitter's Last Stand

Friday, June 03, 2005

Guardian Angel Project

Yesterday I took my first article for the Guardian Angel Project to the local Guardian Angel Pharmacy in Invermay. I took the little pair of toddlers socks in but I have a little jumper about half knit as well for them. It's nice to think that a child in need is going to be a little warmer and all knitted by your very own hands.

Hey Katt remember that terry look yarn? It's knitting up really nicely as a jumper for the Guardian Angel Project. It will be nice for a little child to wear and it feels soft and warm when knit up.

Yesterday I made some failsafe (chemical, dairy & wheat free) pear muffins for little missy and I even liked them. They were scrummy. Here's the recipe:-

1 1/2 cups self-raising flour or Orgran self-raising flour (wheat, gluten & additive free)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
2/3 cup milk or soy milk
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup chopped fresh or canned pear

Sift flour into a bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring with a fork until mixed.
Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan with sunflower oil.
Spoon mixture into muffin pan until cups are three-quarters filled.
Bake at 180C for 15-20minutes.

These muffins are so light and scrummy that they disappeared very quickly.
I made them with the Orgran SR flour and soy milk and you wouldn't know that it wasn't cows milk and wheat flour. Hopefully you will try them.

Until next time keep on knitting

Cathy

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like a worthy project. The muffins sound yummy; I will have to try them.

    By Blogger Birdsong, at 10:39 am  

  • I must pick up my booklet or the Guardian project. I wanted to do some last year but I was too late. I have so many things on the go, but it is always fun knitting baby stuff.
    I like your recipe. It is always hard trying to steer through the food allergy jungle. I have tried it myself and although I am much better without the nasties, I usually go back to "ordinary" food eventually.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:52 pm  

  • Margaret is making slippers for the Guardian Angel program and they look super easy I might have to have a go. I can't say I'm overly fussed on pear myself as I find it a bit bland but in muffins might make it more interesting.

    Started the new scarf yet?

    Suzi.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 7:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home