The Knitter's Last Stand

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Not again

I have done it again. I have started another project instead of finishing one of my UFO's.

I am now knitting a pair of gloves for my almost 3yr old GD for her birthday. They are in pink Patons Azalea 3ply which feels like 2ply. I have the 1st glove knitted and am onto the 2nd now. This yarn is from my stash so I suppose it's not as bad as buying more yarn. *Am I fooling myself or not. Haa, haa. Hee, hee.*

On Monday Spotlight had a 20% special on yarn so I just had to investigate. I came home with 4 balls of 12ply that is earmarked for a cardigan (I think) or maybe a jumper for miss almost 3 and also 3 balls of Magnum prints 4ply for baby knitting.

THEN I went to Chickenfeed (the local discount store) and bought 6 balls of scrummy yarn for making scarves at $2.00 for 2 balls.

This will keep me busy but I think I had better finish some of my UFO's before I start something else.

This morning while checking the UFO Anon site I found out that we have a new member and she has a groovy site and on her last entry she had some links to some wicked animations. Why don't you have a look and a good laugh like I did.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

6 Comments:

  • I was most certainly inspired especially when one of the mums at playgroup admired my feather scarf this morning. As the mum and her family are returning to live in India in mid July I think I may have to quickly whip one up for her as a going home present.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 2:49 pm  

  • Gloves sound like just the thing with winter approaching on your end, and scarves too.

    By Blogger Birdsong, at 3:19 pm  

  • Wow Cathy awesome knitting and crocheting. You have a beautiful even tension. The scarf reminded me of the band I knitted on Mum's green cardigan. It was about 12 stitches wide and seemed 6 foot long, but I'm sure it wasn't. It was tedious though.
    If you ever come to Adelaide to see AFL we live a walk from football park so I would love to meet you

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:38 pm  

  • I am in the process of finishing one of my UFO's and it's *ta da* a scarf made from the feathers type yarn from Chickenfeed. It is 2/3rd done and should hopefully be finished tonight.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 9:21 pm  

  • Sounds to me like those gloves are going very fast. Maybe casting on for them is one of those psycological tricks to help you finish the UFOs: You cast on for the gloves and boom, they're finished. Then you remember how much fun it is to finish something and you have new motivation to finish one of your UFOs.
    (washcloths are my vice/motivation)

    By Blogger kittensmittens, at 4:38 am  

  • Cathy , it is really depressing to see that teaching is devalued. You are right to say that it is the system - we used to hide our sound charts when I was teaching Infants and we were being 'inspected'. You weren't supposed to correct children's errors in writing or teach grammar or reading - they were mean to be ready. Poppycock!!! A teacher's job is to make children ready - to facilitate learning. In the Scandanavian countries, only the best candidates are chosen to be teachers and the course is 5 years long and as important as medicine. I get really cross when I see failing students directed to teaching . But there is nothing you can do. Children aren't high on politicians' lists - they don't vote!!! I will get off my soap box now. I do know some excellent teachers, but many are just going through the motions , made cynical by the system, lack of support from parents and by arty farty philosophies forced upon them.

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home