The Knitter's Last Stand

Saturday, June 18, 2005

My early inheritance!!!!!

My mum has just been for a lightning visit. She has not long moved house and as she is unable to knit much any more she has given me what remains of her knitting yarn and also her craft books.

Looking through the books I have been thinking "did we really wear that?"

As I have copies already of some of the books that "muver" gave me my fellow S'n'Bers may get some books to fight over next meet up.

Most of the yarn is bits and pieces of baby yarn and on going through it the moths have had a bit of a feed on some.

It will need a lot of going through but some of it may only need to have a bit unwound off the outside of the ball of yarn & some will need to be thrown out. That will be when I get the time at a later date.

There are about 10 balls of a really pretty multi baby yarn (Patons Feathersoft 4 ply) that I can visualize knitted up for the shop and also 19 balls of Villawool Dazzler 7 ply (68% acrylic, 27% mohair & 5% wool) that I can visualize knit up for little missy and the almost 3yr old gd.

On the knitting front the 9 foot scarf is about half finished. I have started a mens black sock (yarn from the 1st yarn trade at S'n'B thanks to Katt). I have also knit the 1st glove of another order from the shop that we knit for thanks to Suzi.

The orders just don't seem to want to end. I suppose that it's good that people are really getting to appreciate the fine old art of knitting again and realize that knitwear IS a lot warmer than bought jumpers (windcheaters and the like).

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

3 Comments:

  • Lucky you getting all those old books. I have all my mother's and some from each grandmother and I love them. I even buy old books at the market.
    I have been mucking around trying to start a webring to go with the Blog. I think I have done it but I tried to change the html code without much success. I can join you to the blog but I think I need your email.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:49 pm  

  • You will be busy sorting all that - if you need a helper I know of someone who might be avaialable...

    It's actually surprising how much hand knits of varying forms we've sold recently. I think tea cosy's and baby's vests top the list followed by booties, third would be babies jackets and kids jumpers - these are harder to sell because people have a certain idea of what they want and everyhting gets picked over quickly.
    This year beanies have been really slow, last year we couldn't keep up with the demand. There's also less interestin novelty scarfs as well so far.

    Suzi.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 4:35 pm  

  • Cathy I found I do need your email so I can send you an invite to join the blog. Send it to me at joanmahony@yahoo.com.au. Thanks

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home