The Knitter's Last Stand

Monday, May 16, 2005

Knit, knit, knitting..............

As the title suggests I have been knit, knit knitting. I have completed quite a bit lately but they have only been smallish projects.

I have done 2 pair of childs pink Patonyle socks. One pair for little missy and another pair to sell in the CWA shop.

I have knit 2 pairs of slippers for a friend to chose from as she (and I) were uncertain of what she really wanted so it was better to knit 2 different styles that she could choose from.

I knit a pair of childs mittens from some of the yarn that I found while op shopping again. Gee you find some good bargains at the op shops. It just pays to keep your eyes open where ever you go.

I also had an order to knit 2 pair of mens gloves in pure wool. I used Cleckheaton Country which I have always liked. I also found it quite cheep (heavily discounted) at the Mowbray Craft Store as the owner is getting out of the business. She has quite a few good bargains for anyone in the Launceston (Tas.) area.

I have been working busily on the white baby shawl. One quarter has been completed. Phew. Now it is time to cast on the next lot of 246 stitches for the 2nd quarter as it is knit in 4 pieces.

Thanks to everyone for your comments backing me on the rudeness of the one who would like to remain anonymous on my friends blog.

I think we all agree that if you are not going to make a friendly comment then keep your thoughts to yourself as no-ones perfect and we are putting our thoughts into our blog for our own enjoyment and to communicate with those we regard as friends.

2paw, my DH and myself are just itching for the release of the new Star Wars movie on Thursday and then the start of the new Dr Who on Saturday.

What an action packed week it is going to be.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

3 Comments:

  • Dear Cathy, believe me when I say R2-D2 Treats is one of the 'classy' recipes in my Star Wars Cook Book, others include-
    Boba Fett-uccine
    Han-burgers
    Obi-wan Kebabs
    Yoda Soda.
    I will send happy Star Wars thought through the ether to you ( or sad ones, whatever fits!!!)
    Use the Fork, Luke!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 2:33 pm  

  • Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the birthday wishes you left me on my blog. I wanted to email you but couldn't fing your email address.
    Nichola.x

    By Blogger nikkishell, at 11:22 am  

  • Wow you have been busy. I found a yarn shop in Sydney and even found some patonyle and thought of you but at over $12 a ball I thought I would wait and get some in Melbourne. I did get some fantastic yarn in Go Lo for $1.50 a ball (really lovely stuff too). Take care.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 3:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home