The Knitter's Last Stand

Monday, May 23, 2005

This weeks current projects

I am still knitting the booooooooooooring scarf thanks to Suzi but to relieve the boredom I got out the baby yarn again and knit a pair of baby booties. These are for my group CWA Handcraft & Home Industries competition for next month.

I have also started to crochet a white baby jacket for the local shop that I sell my craft work in.

I just couldn't resist but I knit a few rows (about 20 or so) on my blue Patonyle toe-up sock. I am almost to the heel shaping on the 1st sock now.

I have just read an excellent book. It's a sci-fi, horror thriller by Matthew Reilly who is an Australian author. The book was called "Area 7" so if you can get your hands on it and like this sort of book don't hesitate. I hired the copy that I read from the local library.

Thankyou 2paw & Birdsong for your lovely comments on my blog. It is nice to get positive comments that encourage you and brighten your day.

I just can't wait until tomorrow when I get to go and see the new Star Wars movie. DH and I are hoping to see it in the morning (hopefully the lines at the cinema won't be too long).

We really enjoyed watching the 1st episode of the new Dr Who on Saturday and can hardly wait until next Saturday for the next episode.

Oh well! I suppose I had better get back to the scarf from hell (and watch the Big Brother nominations).

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

2 Comments:

  • I have read "Contest" by Matthew Reilly as well.

    I think he is a really good author but there were a few comments written into the back of the copy I read of "Area 7" that weren't really complimentary.

    I am looking forward to reading the rest of his books.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 9:49 pm  

  • Oh, I love Matthew Reilly's books, here is his website link:
    http://www.matthewreilly.com/
    I wrote a review on the Library website for Hovercar Racer which is set in Tasmania!!! His Scarecrow books are great and so are the others, Temple etc. He does write like he is an action movie: pow, pow, pow with the plot line!!
    I have put my Fibonacci Jumper aside and I am knitting dinosaurs to relieve the boredom, and I have to embroider Tasmania's outline on a bag I made for a friend who is moving to the NT today as well!!!It is a calico bag and not a knitted one.
    Happy Knitting.
    cindy2paw,
    Harki-Parki-Parker-Posey and
    Peri Naughty the Golden Labradors

    By Blogger 2paw, at 9:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home