The Knitter's Last Stand

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Yarn, yarn & more yarn......

Well the yarn swap at SnB went really well. Shaz and Katt bought some very nice yarn from their stashes to add to my donation. It was a sight to see.

I think we were happy with the yarn that we came home with (I know I was).

I score some lovely Patonyle sock yarn, some Sirdar Terry look, Big baby yarn, Heirloom Merino Magic, Bendigo Rustic 8 ply & some ?2 or 3 ply black wool for sock making.

I am looking forward to the next yarn swap that looks like happening in June.

On the knitting front I have finished the pink and cream socks for the 4 yr old gd and one of the brown and tan (I decided not to do cream accents) for the 8 yr old gs and have almost finished the second sock for myself in Hot Socks yarn purchased from Tasmanian Wool Supplies in Moonah.

I will post photos of finished articles at a later date.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

3 Comments:

  • It sounds as though we are all very happy with our yarn, amazing how what we no longer have use for someone else does, Janelle has put her order in for some pink socks.

    By Blogger Sharon, at 9:06 am  

  • You thought Janelle would like that pink. i'm glad she likes it.
    Don't forget that I have more if you need it.
    I have more of the brown crushed velvet set aside for you as well.

    By Blogger Cathy, at 9:18 am  

  • Busy, busy, busy. I should hop to and get kintting.

    By Blogger Suzi, at 7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home