The Knitter's Last Stand

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Flood pickies.

I have just posted a few pickies of the flooding that we've had at the Cataract Gorge and First Basin.

It was a case of water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

We were watching 3 plastic drums floating around in the flood waters and going round and round the basin with all the rough water.

I suppose I should tell you all that the photo's of the floods are all taken by DH so he will get a swelled head (again) if everyone comments on them yet again. (He'll just have to get his A into G and start his own blog won't he?)

I have also posted a few pickies of some recently completed knitting and cross stitch even though some of the knitting was done while on holiday but just not photographed and posted.

I have also finished the second secret object which just needs a little blocking then it will be sent to Iran as a birthday gift for a friend. The child's striped socks are also to go to Iran for her daughter's birthday last month. (whoops, it's a bit late but at least it will get there)

I am back on the socks again as I'm knitting the 2nd sock of a black pair for the shop that Katt and I knit for.

I'm also making some dorset buttons for a child's cardigan that I knit about a year ago but couldn't get any buttons for.

Oh well! Busy, busy, busy.

Until next time keep on knitting.

Cathy

4 Comments:

  • Thanks, Cathy!! I had forgotten that!! I think another ball would be great!!
    Love
    Cindy!!!!

    By Blogger 2paw, at 3:42 pm  

  • good luck with the flood.
    nice pics.

    By Blogger kittensmittens, at 8:28 am  

  • Wow - lookie Cataract Gorge - running the way it should after lots of rain! None of this wussy tamed stuff!

    By Blogger yarnivorous, at 8:31 pm  

  • Tell your DH he must start his own blog to show off his great photos. Your knitting items are terrific, where do you get the time. I also love your scissors holder

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home